I have had to use podcasts before for classes...professors will record themselves giving a lecture and then link it to the class site for us to listen to at will to gain insight on whatever the topic is for the week. This is a great use for them, as it is not just a lecture we are reading, but we can hear voice inflections and if something is meant to be funny/serious/sarcastic...tone can often clue in the listener.
On the sites we were encouraged to look at:
Podcastdirectory.com - I did not really like this site, it was way too busy for my personal taste.
Podcastalley.com - this is the site I liked the most, it was pretty busy but the interface was set up in a way I enjoyed using. This is also where I found the podcast to add to my RSS feed link. After doing a keyword search, the user could click on links to items that had been brought up and it gave a quick overview of what the basic subject was. Very helpful!
myYahooaudio - this had a googlesque search interface, which was a little too bare for me...I did like on the other sites how it gave suggestion topics, most listened to, etc.
I added 'Packers Therapy' to my Google Reader RSS account. It is 2 lifers (green bay packer fans for life) discussing current games and news surrounding the organization. From its description it sounded as though it would be really fun to listen to, as well as maybe learning something new about the team!
Uses in the library could be endless...some I know it is already being used for are book talks, audio of author visits, describe a database or service we provide, etc. It is a *free* way to encourage use of our resources and to promote ourselves!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment