Time really does fly, I can't believe it is 'thing 23'. My absolute favorite discover over this process had to be some of the online image generators simply because I LOVE playing around with pictures. My fav of these were: www.magnigraph.com and http://labs.wanokto.jp/olds. I have since used these for personal pictures quite a bit. I also loved having to play around with youtube as it can be such a fun site...however that was not a 'discovery'.
One unexpected outcome I was not expecting was how hard it was for me to grasp one of the concepts. I am generally a very quick learner or am able to trial and error things until I get it. Being able to link correctly for thing #17 on the PBWiki, I still have not figured how to do it. I was able to link it, but not in the way it was supposed to be done...and it frustrates me that I can't figure it out! However, the other tools that were presented were easy to understand and I do feel better equipped to help patrons with technology questions.
I am still in school (until next Summer...then it's PARTY TIME!!!!!) but using these tools has greatly aided me in those studies. There are some things we spoke about in class that I had not had the opportunity to play around with, that were topics in this journey. I have already been able to use many of the things I have learned in papers as well as discussion posts, and feel better equipped to intelligently further discussions on where the future is headed, techno things, etc. I hope I will continue to pursue learning after I am done with school...because this has definitely shown me that although I have been in school pretty much full-time for the last 4 years - there is SOOOO much out there still to learn!
One tool set that was not touched upon here, and was shown at a recent presentation I attended is the Google ToolBox. They have SOOOO many tools that have potential applications to help us in our professional roles, as well as something we can show to our patrons.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment